Philip Freeman is a freelance writer with hundreds of published articles in dozens of newspapers, magazines, and online. He is also an experienced newspaper, magazine, and web editor. He is currently available for freelance assignments, contract work, or staff positions.
If you need an experienced journalist or editor for a small or large project, get in touch.
He also performs audio and video transcription at an hourly rate, and offers social media and online marketing expertise on a freelance basis to selected clients.
He is expert in major platforms for artists including Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud, Spotify, Twitter, and YouTube; skilled in digital content creation; and specializes in creating and maintaining a consistent message and brand identity across multiple channels. He can help with:
- Search Engine Optimization/Marketing (SEO/SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- CMS/site admin (Drupal, WordPress, Wix, Movable Type, and custom applications)
- Web analytics (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights)
- Web content strategy and management
- Developing content for digital and traditional media
- Graphic Design (Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXpress)
- Photography, Videography (Final Cut Pro, iMovie)
- Email (MailChimp, ExactTarget)
His current and former clients include:
- jazz label Blue Note Records
- jazz label Posi-Tone Records
- punk band The Attack
- metal band Black Pestilence
- rock band Last Giant
- jazz keyboardist Brian Charette
- jazz vibraphonist Behn Gillece
- jazz guitarist Joel Harrison
- jazz saxophonist Mark Turner
If you need help with a targeted marketing campaign or making your social media profile more professional, get in touch.